Friday, January 18, 2008

Eyes on Kenya, a good critic to this blog!!...

Well I really have to admit that I’m not really into the blogging world. For some people it is really easy and enjoyable to sit in front of a computer and start typing to the WORLD their own life experiences and opinions about particular, national or even international issues. I’m more the type of girl that would rather go out with friends and have that kind of interesting and controversial conversations in “private”, or to send particular e-mails or message to a determine group of people… but anyway, It’s done what it needed to be done.

I’ve been talking in this blog about one of the things that I like to do most in life, TO TRAVEL, I have to say that I’m really lucky to have the family that I have; the way my parents always remind me the importance of knowing a WORLD farther than the place where we live, or from where we come from.

What I’ve told you so far about my trips around the world is not even ¼ of the places that I’ve been to, nor the experiences that I’ve had there. However, even though I’ve been in many continents, countries and cities, I’ve always wanted to go to Africa. Due to that, I’m because I’m planning already another trip around the world at the end of this year; I’ve been checking some blogs related to Africa and particular life experiences of others in this particular exotic continent. Just looking around, and reading a little bit of this… a little bit of that… I found this blog called “Blog Africa” (http://www.blogafrica.com/) that talks about news, but like relevant news all around Africa and its variety of countries. The blog has many posts about politics, economy and so on. They are all very interesting, and a few ones let you link to articles in different newspapers related to issues commented in particular ones.

I personally enjoyed the one about Kenya and the problems that they’ve been recently having over there. The post is called “Eyes on Kenya” by Jannek; It shows a YouTube video of the local police over there shooting at innocent people. It is just shocking. Maybe I felt more connected to the situation, and touched by the unfairness there, because similar things have been happening in my country in the past few years; the police just do whatever they want and forget completely about human rights.

I think this blog that I found is more than a way for the creators to express the human repression spread around Africa; This blog, I believe, represents the necessity that they have to show to the world the reality of the countries, without being stopped or threatened by the governments or any other powerful organization that may have relations with the media.

I’m a person that constantly says the phrase “to be seen to believe”, because I do believe that the impact of a message that is wanted to be transmitted to the people will be better received by images than by words, and this YouTube videos posted about Kenya in this Africa Blog talks by itself. I guess is for that reason that the blogger did not write more than 1 line to describe the situation.

I’ll let you all see the video posted there, so you can as well see a little bit more of the reality of the world, farther than our own life's reality.



I still have to say that even though Africa is such a complicated continent, maybe full of poverty and complicated sickness, I’m still looking forward to go and travel all around it; even maybe record interesting videos to show to the world. Africa definitively has to be my next stop.

2 comments:

Peter Podcast said...

Corina
Your blog is excellent.
Well done .
Really enjoyed reading your adventures.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aluguel de Computadores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aluguel-de-computadores.blogspot.com. A hug.