Saturday, December 29, 2007

Amsterdam..!! Legally free!!!...


The day before going to Germany I spent a whole day walking around Amsterdam with my best friend the Hungarian. His family visited him in Belgium for like a week, so they decided to go up to Amsterdam for a day. They picked me up really early in the morning because we all wanted to have enough time to walk around the city and visit museums and interesting stuff that tourists always tend to do.

It took us like 2 to 3 hours to get to Amsterdam; it’s definitively not so far from Brussels. I was so happy to be in another country, especially in a famous city like Amsterdam, that I was just walking around with my friend smiling and making fun of everything. We took a tour in a bote that showed us the city and its surrounds; it was really interesting.

Then, later on instead of going to the museum of Vincent Van Gogh we went to the wax museum. I had already gone to the one in London before, but my friend, the Hungarian, insisted to go to the one there, so we all went to the wax museum for him. We had a great time, we took pictures all around with famous people such as the Queen Elizabeth, The Beatles, Bob Marley, etc. and we even ended up singing karaoke and everything in one part almost at the end of the museum. We have videos and photos of that moment; it was just wonderful.

We walked a lot around the city as well. We saw, of course, Marihuana all around us. In all the shapes and ways to consume it. Lollies of Marihuana, drinks with marihuana, normal cigarettes, brownies, etc. and of course the smell all around us was just MARIHUANA as well. It was really interesting, but at the end of the day I was having a horrible headache as a result of the Marihuana’ smell surround us, apparently I wasn’t the only one having it, because the mom of my friend and his dad were complaining about it as well. But anyway, we saw tulips in every colour ever thinkable; BEAUTIFUL all of those. My mom LOVEEEEES tulips, so I couldn’t stop thinking about her all the way walking around the markets and parks. I ended up buying a bag full of tulip’s seeds just for her, waiting for my return to Venezuela two month after.

We went back to Belgium around 8pm. I was really pleased with the time that I spent with my friend and his family in Amsterdam. Once in Brussels I met up straight away with the Venezuelan guy and the Colombian to go to sleep and get ready to our trip around Germany for 15days. Definitively my exchange student year was the best year EVER!!..

No comments: